Friday, May 27, 2016

Are you ready for Love?


So many people are searching for Love, real love, and feel that it is hard to find. However I ask, are you really ready for that kind of real love?  I was thinking today, and asked myself, where I would be if I just accepted some of the advances that had been made towards me in the Love department.  Would I really have been truly ready to be with someone? Would I have been ready to give someone a piece of me or a place in my heart, the answer is NO!! I know for the people who have a revolving door of dates, and relationships may not really understand where I’m coming from, and that’s ok. However As I was reflecting, I began to see and understand the things that were going on with me and why I couldn’t give anyone the time of day. I was so broken, I had low self-esteem, I didn’t know my worth, and was in no position to be trying to date or be with anyone. It wouldn’t be fair to take all my baggage and present it with myself to someone.  It wouldn’t be fair to take someone on a roller-coaster I didn’t understand how to get off of.  Nor would it be fair to constantly push someone away who’s fighting to know me and my love because I didn’t know myself.  Many times I wanted to be in a relationship, or married, but I lack those things that are healthy for love.

 We sometimes lack the things that we need as individuals before we become pairs, and wonder why we have so many failed relationships. 1st You need good self-esteem and be secure with yourself. It is nothing more tiring them someone trying to convince of how great you are and not being received.  You absolutely need to know your worth, its apart of your self-esteem. If you don’t know your worth it will leave you vulnerable, and at risk of being and staying in a relationship that is all wrong for you, lacking the confidence and back bone to set boundaries. I believe we fall in love with the idea of being in love.  We watch so many movie that we think that’s really what it is all about, and thinking that when we get in a relationship it’s suppose to rain rainbows and cotton candy. LOL!! There is a lot that goes in to being in a partnership (relationship), and we need to be ready to put in a real effort.  Are you really ready for love? Are you ready to build with someone, and compromise? Are you ready to not be right all the time? Are you ready to actually make an effort? If the answer is yes, Please make sure you don’t make anyone carry your baggage and don’t play with anyone’s heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment