Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Making of a Master Piece

Do you every wish you could already be what the Lord desires you to be? Like, skipping the
whole making process, the trials and tribulations. I have.  I sometimes think to myself, “Can I skip forward to the times where I’m in ministry, where I am finish with school, and now running my business. But I’ve learn that I have to go through the making process. The making process the times you are on the potter’s wheel and they are the most important times. God works out of us those things that shouldn’t be, and works in us the tools, the things we need to be equipped with for our journeys with him. It is the times where you are learning to trust him and his plan.  See the problem, many of us want off the wheel too soon. Especially, when we feel the pressure and pain of the kneading, stretching and shaping. It is in the those ruff making moments that we stay in Gods face. We desire to be a finished product without the being made. I’ve learned that at all cost we must go through this process if we are going to be that master piece we desire and he desires us to be. We have to remember, God already see’s the finished work, but we have not made it there yet.    
Jeremiah 18 1-6
1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

   There are those who think, why would God want them? They feel as if they’ve been so horrible that God wouldn’t forgive them. Those that feel they are just unwanted. Those that feel too damaged for restoration,  but I Tell you verse 4 says that the clay was marred  (damaged or rendered less perfect, less attractive, impaired or spoiled),  and it was where?  IN HIS HAND!!! You are not too far in sin where God can reach you.  You are not too damaged for God to take you and make something better, more beautiful.  Just look, he cleansed the leper, He used Rahab, and He forgave Saul and changed him into Paul. God’s is love and love is unlimited. We are not perfect, but being perfected.  You are on the Potter’s wheel being made in to Gods master beautiful master piece.  We are in the hand of the Master Potter, and it’s the best place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment